The word came yesterday that I am scheduled to be interviewed on PBS TV in State College PA on February 23rd. Now is that exciting, or what? I've never been on TV, and this is LIVE TV. I joke a lot about shameless self-promotion, but actually my way of doing things is just the opposite. I actively seek a reclusive lifestyle and would prefer being a wealthy eccentric hiding in my mansion. There are two things missing out of that scenario: wealth and a mansion. The eccentric part I have down pat. Tips have ranged from just be yourself and let your personality shine through to don't wear any bright patterned clothes, just stick with slimming colors. Hmm. What colors would be slimming enough to help me blend into the background? I'm to talk about my latest book, My Name is Esther Clara and the producer suggested I read a brief passage on air.
Then after that exciting news, a Director of Nursing I know called and asked if I would be available for a book signing related to my short story included in Cup of Comfort for Nurses. This is a popular series, and I'm still shocked that one of my stories was accepted into the anthology for nurses. If the plans materialize, the book signing will be in April.
Wish me luck for both events. Over the next few months, life will certainly be exciting for this old writer / recluse.
Other Blogs I Read
- Aston West
- Chuck Foertmeyer
- Dandelion Books
- Economy Lessons from Esther and Herb
- EL Burton
- Elizabeth Lucas-Taylor
- How to Write Your Heart Out
- Jesus In Song
- Josh Sutton
- Nancy Mehl
- New Works Review
- Poet Ed Galing
- Quill and Parchment
- Shadow Poetry
- The Time Garden
- The Woman With Qualities
- Tom Parker
- ► 2009 (13)
- ► 2008 (34)
- ► 2007 (34)
- The Wandering Hermit Review
- An exciting change of pace...
- Poetry publishing and unknown poets
- Literacy, Libraries, and Other Ramblings
- Poetry, Politics, Poverty Two
- Nisqually Delta Review
- Shadow Poetry, Haiku, Senryu -- OH MY!!
- Fourth book in hand
- Poetry, Politics, and Poverty
- Thoughts on Poetry as promised...
- Dandelions grow and thrive everywhere!!
- more looking back plus reader comments....
- Looking back with fondness...
- ▼ January (13)