Wednesday, January 25, 2006

An exciting change of pace...

The word came yesterday that I am scheduled to be interviewed on PBS TV in State College PA on February 23rd. Now is that exciting, or what? I've never been on TV, and this is LIVE TV. I joke a lot about shameless self-promotion, but actually my way of doing things is just the opposite. I actively seek a reclusive lifestyle and would prefer being a wealthy eccentric hiding in my mansion. There are two things missing out of that scenario: wealth and a mansion. The eccentric part I have down pat. Tips have ranged from just be yourself and let your personality shine through to don't wear any bright patterned clothes, just stick with slimming colors. Hmm. What colors would be slimming enough to help me blend into the background? I'm to talk about my latest book, My Name is Esther Clara and the producer suggested I read a brief passage on air.

Then after that exciting news, a Director of Nursing I know called and asked if I would be available for a book signing related to my short story included in Cup of Comfort for Nurses. This is a popular series, and I'm still shocked that one of my stories was accepted into the anthology for nurses. If the plans materialize, the book signing will be in April.

Wish me luck for both events. Over the next few months, life will certainly be exciting for this old writer / recluse.

1 comment:

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Good luck, you deserve it!

I love the way you write, and in colour too! Do you use a special programme for that, or is there something I don't know...(LOL Probably!)

Take care, and keep up the good work.

SB

Do your part to stop hunger everywhere

The Hunger Site

hit counter

About Me

My photo
I enjoy good writing by writers and poets who are not famous. My mother said I was born a hundred years too late. The older I get, the more I realize how right she was.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter