Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Wandering Hermit Review


Now that shameful self promotion is out of my system for awhile, I want to talk about an excellent literary journal. Editor Steve Potter originally planned to feature writers and poets from the Pacific Northwest. That vision soon expanded to include submissions world wide.

Early press releases about The Wandering Hermit Review led me to expect a journal loaded with talented writers and artists and I wasn't disappointed. Potter promised a journal featuring the work of new and established names from around the world and he delivered. This digest size, perfect bound journal arrived in my mailbox with a full color cover, featuring 65 artists and poets of all ages and every walk of life. I spent more than a week reading and absorbing the journal content, it was that good.

I started with visual arts scattered throughout the journal, simply because the concept intrigued me. Featured were a print reminiscent of an old tintype by Fernando Aguiar; three breathtaking portraits painted by Suzanne Brooker; and a cryptic photograph by Alan Sondheim.

Poetry includes examples of bilingual translations, avant garde, free verse, metaphysical, allegorical, phantasmagorical, modern sonnets, pantoums, and more. Featured prose ranges from poetic to triumphant or humorous. Readers will find the work of established literary names along with undiscovered gems in this edition and those that follow.

The Wandering Hermit Review is issued in April and September. Individual issues are $10. By subscription, two issues for $18.

No comments:

Do your part to stop hunger everywhere

The Hunger Site

hit counter

About Me

My photo
I enjoy good writing by writers and poets who are not famous. My mother said I was born a hundred years too late. The older I get, the more I realize how right she was.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter